Butter Croissants with OREO® Cookie Crumbs
New Croissant recipe with Oreo and topped with Chocolate and Cream icing!
12 #9326 Gourmet Butter Croissants, Large Curved
# 37768 1/25 lb. COOKIE CRUMBS Oreo SM CRNCH
Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips, melted
Cream Icing; 4 cups Confectioners’ Sugar mixed with ½ cup hot cream
- Remove Croissant from freezer, and thaw overnight under refrigeration.
- Once thawed and before proofing, gently unroll the croissant and sprinkle with crushed Oreo.
- Reroll the Croissant and pinch ends together to make a curved croissant or leave straight.
- Place on greased parchment-lined sheet pan and proof until doubled in size.
- Brush with egg wash and bake in preheated convection oven 325° for 18-25 minutes until golden brown.
- When cool, ice with melted chocolate and Cream icing (4 cups Confectioners’ Sugar mixed with ½ cup heated cream).
Serve warm with Ice Cream or enjoy as sweet pastry with morning coffee.
Recipe credit: Chef Deborah Johnson
Bon appétit from Vie de France!