Chocolate Dipped Crostini
A most delicious way to re-purpose day-old baguette, toast, then dip in melted dark chocolate and garnish.
VDFY #7577 FFB Ficelle Loaf, day-old and sliced thin or,
VDFY #7878 French Midi Baguette, day-old and sliced thin
Dark Chocolate, melted
Chopped nuts, sprinkles, caramel, sea salt for garnish
- Slice very thin the Ficelle or Baguette and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Toast in pre-heated oven, 400°, for 3-5 minutes until crisp but not too brown.
- Remove from oven, turn over and return to oven to toast second sides, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool while melting chocolate.
- Dip ends of toasted baguette slices in chocolate and place on parchment sheets. Top with chopped nuts or sprinkles. Drizzle with caramel or more chocolate, and a pinch of sea salt if desired.
- Allow chocolate to harden before packaging.
Bon appétit from Vie de France!