Goat Cheese & Roasted Tomato Feuilletée
Serves 4 -6
VDFY #9572 VDFY Puff Pastry Sheet
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
3 cups cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
Salt & pepper
8 ounces of plain goat cheese, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut Puff Pastry Sheet into 4 equal rectangles. Place 1 on top of another, creating two doubled rectangles. Using a sharp paring knife, cut just through the top layer of pastry leaving a 1” border around the rectangle. Do not remove the inner piece of pastry. Brush pastry with egg wash. Dock the inner rectangle using a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 and continue baking for 15 more minutes. Cool pastry completely on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes (I prefer to leave them whole) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomatoes on a prepared ½ sheet pan and roast until they start to shrivel, about 25-30 minutes. Do not stir during roasting. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°. In a small bowl mix together the goat cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt & pepper.
- Assemble: Use the tip of the paring knife to remove the top layer of just the inner rectangle piece of pastry creating the tart shells. Reserve to use as a garnish. Spread ½ of the goat cheese into each tart shell. Spoon enough tomatoes on top of the cheese to fill the tart.
- Place filled tarts back in the oven to reheat for 10-15 minutes. Cool tarts slightly, top with fresh basil and serve.
Bon appétit from Vie de France !
©2019 Vie de France Yamazaki, Inc.