Tres Leches Bread Pudding
4 Brioche Bun VDF#7559
day old and cubed small (about 6 cups)
4 cup whole milk
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk – reserve the rest
½ cup evaporated milk
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
¼ cup chopped pecans – optional
Cinnamon whipped cream:
1 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of reserved sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Caramel Sauce (Optional for plating)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine eggs, all three milks, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add all of brioche pieces and pecans if using in a buttered 9 X 9 cake pan and pour the egg-milk mixture over the brioche, pressing down slightly. Let sit 10 minutes to soak up the custard.
- Place Pudding in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. Cover with foil if top browns too much.
- Prepare Cinnamon Whipped Cream: Whip ingredients to stiff peaks with a mixer, or by hand. Keep chilled.
- Prepare serving dishes for plating. Drizzle plates with Caramel Sauce.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before chilling and topping with Cinnamon Whipped Cream.
- Serve well chilled with a dash of cinnamon.
VdF#7559 Brioche Bun
Thaw & Serve Bread
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for one hour at room temperature in poly bag.
- Warm in oven for 3-5 minutes at 350°, if needed.
Bon appétit from Vie de France!